Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Radio Silence

I haven't posted much, and I always mention on this blog that I only blog when I'm writing.

So, we can pretty much take from this that I'm not really writing right now.

I will say it's not for lack of trying, though. I started one story, got about 30 pages in, and then gave it up. (I believe I mentioned it a couple of posts ago, about a couple of characters I wanted to try out.) I liked the characters, but the story felt really rushed and the characters lacked conflict because they were so compatible. So the story died right there on the operating table. (We will mourn you, dear story.) Of course, I'm keeping the story, because who knows? In ten years I might just pick it up again. ;)

Some amazing news! The Wrong Path is doing astonishingly well. Better than I ever could have dreamed. I am floored at how many people are giving it a shot. And it even got some phenomenal reviews on Amazon--I was so touched! It just blows my mind every day. I don't know how it happened, I just know I'm incredibly grateful.

So. Since I haven't really been writing, what have I been doing lately? In my post-surgery recovery, I've been watching insane amounts of General Hospital. (Jonathan Jackson is back as Lucky. Rebecca Herbst has been saved as Elizabeth. The chemistry between them is explosive.) I stopped being a Lucky/Elizabeth fan when JJ left the show and became a diehard Liason fan, but now with JJ back, I find myself rooting for LL2 once again! Plus, with a new headwriter on the show, I am looking forward to each episode to see where he takes our much-loved characters. (Soap operas have taught me the best lessons in my life--including and especially that absolutely nothing is black and white and people will always see things in their own perspective.)

I haven't really been reading much, either, but that's partially because my eyes give me a bit of trouble when I try to focus on words for too long. And with a computer-based job, that's loads of fun, lemme tell you. LOL! It'll get better when I can put my right contact back in and actually see the world clearly instead of only half-clearly.

Meanwhile I've been trying to decide what my next book to release should be. I can't decide if I want to write a new one or if I want to try one I've already got and just clean it up. Decisions decisions! I have a post somewhere on this blog where I summarized all of the stories manuscripts I have complete or mostly-complete. I'll have to find that and see if I can get buy-in on what my next publishing venture should be...

Sorry for the lack of updates lately! I'll get back into the swing of things soon! :) Until then, hope there's been a lot of amazing reading going on, and lots of enjoying the summer!

0 comments: