Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Quest of Dai: The Eroe - Leaving Circulation!

Success!

The awesome people at Outskirts Press got back to me and told me they would be getting in touch with me shortly about removing The Quest of Dai: The Eroe from circulation for good. (I don't remember their exact terminology, but it sounded very final--I think she said something like "deleting the title" or something.) So... yay! The ISBN will still exist, so technically the book will still exist as having been written, but no one will be able to get it--and that matters!

They also confirmed I will be able to republish the revised version under the same title, The Quest of Dai: The Eroe. So, phew! on that one.

I did a little more editing on the opening chapters last night after I blogged, and I plan on doing some more after I finish typing this. (I just can't let go!) I find myself analyzing every little word, wondering, "Is this the right one? Does this sound okay? Does it flow?" And then I remind myself, no matter what, it still beats the first time I published it. :)

I think that's one of the dangers of indie publishing... You are your own worst enemy. I found myself staring at the Outskirts Press book package add-ons and eyeing the ghost-writer option, wondering, "Hmm... Do I need that?" (The answer, I sincerely hope, is no!)

So--that's where we stand. I'm removing The Quest of Dai: The Eroe for good, and publishing a new version that will hopefully be way more awesome...

Maybe I should hold a virtual launch party. Or a giveaway. HMMM...

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Launch parties are fun! I vote for those!
also, you should lure people with like, virtual cake... or something... :)

Vivian Marie said...

I like the way you think! LOL! I am totally thinking about this launch party idea and the best way to do it. I like the virtual cake idea... Think it would work?!