Saturday, January 29, 2011

Finished! And an Ulcer

Man, why is this blog always about my writing?

The good news: I've finished draft one of The Quest of Dai: The Eroe. (HOORAY! ZOMG IT'S DONE!)

The bad news: I'm pretty sure I have an ulcer.

No matter what your doctor tells you, folks, it is not okay to overdose on Advil. It'll rip right through your tummy. I did it almost four days ago, and my stomach is still in pretty bad shape. I'm nauseous all the time. I'm drinking milk by the gallons, but that only helps temporarily. I got a bottle of Pepto this afternoon and I've already gone through half of it. It's not a lot of fun.

And, oh man, do I miss my caffeine... But apparently, just FYI in case you think you ever have an ulcer, anything with acid in the drink (ala Coke) will make you... sick. There you go. Polite terms. So don't do it.

I don't have all of the symptoms, so my husband and I aren't sure I have one. But this has been pretty intense for a few days now, and it's still bad. Slowly getting better, but still lame. And every website says to go see a doctor.

Except my doctor is over an hour away. It'll make me late for work.

Ugh. Oh well. I'll let you know how my steady diet of milk and Pepto works out. Oh, and sleep. Crazy amounts of sleep. But that could be because I'm generally sleep deprived and I get sleepy when I write. (Weird, huh? It's either a writing high and I can't stop, or I can't keep going.)

So hopefully everyone else is doing better than me health-wise. And hopefully you're looking forward to the new version of The Eroe? I'm going to do a better cover for the Kindle version. I think I even know what I'm going to do with it, so that's exciting. Maybe a different cover will catch the eye more. I loved the cover of this one, but everyone I asked hated it.

I'm so out of touch. Man.

0 comments: