Monday, May 3, 2010

I Had a Dream Last Night...

I tend to dream of my cousins rather frequently.

It's rather odd, actually. I don't know why I do it. But I do. There are five of us, all in succession. My sister is the eldest, followed closely (in the same grade) as my sister. Then the next year down is my cousin, then the next year down is me, then the next year down is my younger cousin.

Last night I dreamed my husband and I went to my uncle and aunt's house for dinner for some event (we haven't been there in nearly two+ years)  and they were all sitting down to dinner. My husband and I stepped out onto the porch to talk, and my one-year-older cousin stepped out onto the open-air porch to walk by us to go to her car. I looked out to the road they live on and saw all of the parked cars.

And that's all I remember of the dream.

So here's what was interpreted...

Cousins
To see your cousin in your dream, represents something or some aspect of your character that is somewhat familiar. Perhaps you need to spend more time in cultivating and developing some emerging ability or character.

Meals
To see meals in your dream, suggests that you are dwelling too much on trivial matters causing your attention to be diverted from important issues. Alternatively, you may be lacking spiritual enrichment and sensual expression.







Car
To see a parked car in your dream, suggests that you need to turn your efforts and energies elsewhere. You may be needlessly spending your energy in a fruitless endeavor. Alternatively, a parked car may symbolize your need to stop and enjoy life.

Now... This could be talking about work, or it could be talking about my writing. Yesterday at dinner I told my family, "I really believe I have what it takes to make it as a writer. I'm sure a lot of people say that, but I really think I do. I just need to keep at it."

I guess only time will tell, hmm?

I'm big on dream interpretation. Not the whole like, spiritual dream interpretation thing, but I dig analyzing dreams. I love analyzing my friend's dreams. I really think it allows a unique perspective on ourselves--and our friends. ;)

So... anyone have a dream they want to share?

0 comments: