Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Publicity

Publicity is a bitch.

It's true, seriously! I was driving home from work and got all depressed thinking about how no one will ever read my book because they don't even know it exists. So then I started thinking about ways to promote my book, but that's exhausting.

A while ago, my sister suggested that I try to sign up with a college and have some business majors work on promoting my book, and give them a goal of sales to achieve by the end of the semester. It could be like their final project or something like that.

At the time, I didn't take to the idea, but now more and more I'm thinking, "That's not bad..." I'd like to sell at least 100 more books before I put out the next "Quest of Dai" book, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen, and I don't want to be mean to the people who have read the book and want the sequel. So maybe hiring some kids who want a good grade would be a good idea.

Honestly, by the time I get home from work, I don't want to think about book publicity. I just want to write, read, chat a bit, and then watch TV. Trying to talk to stores about my book is tiring. Thinking of what to try next to get the word out there? Exhausting.

Which isn't to say that I'm not going to continue... 'cause I actually believe in my book and my writing in general, and I really, really want people to enjoy it. But it's still tiring to find those people who would like it!

0 comments: