Monday, December 24, 2012

Review: The Changeling (Angel Diaries)

I like books for free on Kindle.

In fact, I have so many of them queued up it takes me almost a minute to scroll through them all. I got to the point where I made it a little game, scrolling through all of the titles and then opening whichever one popped up. Luckily for me, this is the one that popped up today.


The Changeling (Angel Diaries)
Jasmyn Rae


From the first page of The Changeling (Angel Diaries), I was hooked.

The book follows a guardian angel known as Jezebel on a mission to save a boy's soul. The twist? The boy's soul is slowly being devoured by some horrible parasite demon that scares everyone who hears about it half-to-death.

Jezebel is a witty, snappy, fun heroine. Her pull to the hero, Jeremy, is strong and natural, and the side characters are interesting and unique. I found myself rooting for the earth-slug-creature Klyph, and scowling when Jezebel's superior, Simon, came around. (He's shady. Very shady.)

The descriptions are just enough to give you an idea about the scene, but not so much you can't fill in the blanks with your own imagination. For a free book, it was remarkably well-edited and spell-checked, and I found myself desperately flipping pages to get to the end, even sending my husband to the kitchen for "one more item" so I could read one more page.

I really enjoyed this book, and I highly recommend you check it out. My only complaint? It's a cliff-hanger ending, and the second book was supposed to be released back in April. Ugh! (I guess I shouldn't talk, huh?)

Jasmyn Rae, cheers to you for the creation of interesting characters and a spellbinding plot!

0 comments: