Saturday, May 21, 2011

FictionPress

Has anyone else ever heard of FictionPress?

I was posting my latest story to ff.net recently and I saw this listing for FictionPress.com. It was really more of a warning: "Fanfiction.net is for fanfiction only--original stories should be posted at our sister site, FictionPress.com," or something like that.

Curious, I went to check out this FictionPress site. I don't know if I can say I was super impressed with any of the writing there, but it got me thinking... Are there any other sites out there that allow you to post chapter-by-chapter stories/books?

If so, I think I'd kinda dig that. It's one reason I enjoyed the Runaway_Tales LiveJournal Community so much. (Plus, all the prompts. And the bunnies. God I love those bunnies.) My only problem is I'm so particular in the type of stuff I like to read, I didn't like not commenting on other people's stuff but I didn't really want to read anything not-of-my-interest, either.

I know of booksie and scribd, but both of those are for completed books. And Smashwords, but again, for completed books. I've got some works that will likely never get published (they're just not strong enough/not long enough/not realistic enough) but that doesn't mean I don't want to share them.

I did a quick search, but came up empty. Any ideas?

0 comments: