Friday, October 30, 2009

Thrilled - A Halloween Story

Today I thought to myself, "I should write a Halloween story."

So I toyed with the idea for a little while, musing about what I would write about for Halloween. I couldn't write for most of the day, though... Had to head out to Seattle for a training session, so no writing there. Then my husband and I went and saw the Michael Jackson theater release, "This Is It."

While we were watching Thriller, I thought to myself, "Hmm..."

Next thing I know, an idea is forming in my head... What if I wrote a short story, based on his song Thriller? It's going to just be on the site for free, so it's not like any royalties will need to be paid, right? Why not!

But I needed to do something else with it...

So I listened to the song on pretty much repeat, and pulled up the song lyrics. Close to midnight... Okay... Well, it was around 8:00 here... What if I... HMMM...

GOT IT!

And that's how the idea was born to post the story in parts, for the verses of the song, release the first one the night before Halloween ("close to midnight"), and then the next parts on Halloween itself.

While writing, I had half a screen of the lyrics, and the other half of Word. Had to get it right, you know.

Of course, I just threw this together in like half an hour... So if it sucks, sorry Mr. Jackson. I still love you. <3 But hopefully it is, and will be, enjoyable.

I'm just starting on part two... So we'll see how that one turns out!

Read "Thrilled - A Halloween Story".

2 comments:

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

love it sooooo.... does she get the door open in time? ;o) great read before slipping into slumber...

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

okay! still love it. too good for Halloween! Ahhh the epilogue... what a fun concept Vivian!
I enjoyed this immensely. :o)